Finance Manager [SA051]
British Sports Office, Sheffield
Available on application
About British Ice Skating
British Ice Skating is the trading name of the National Ice Skating Association (NISA). Established in 1879, British Ice Skating is a membership association and operates as a company limited by guarantee. British Ice Skating is recognised by the International Skating Union (ISU), the British Olympic Association (BOA), UK Sport and the Home Nation Sports Councils as the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of ice skating in the United Kingdom. The Board of British Ice Skating has just recently adopted an exciting new strategy for the development of the sport over the next ten years, and this is a time of great change and opportunity.
About the role
The Finance Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing all the financial reporting of the Association’s operations In line with Equality and Diversity Policy. Our client is keen to achieve a more diverse workforce and would welcome applications from those communities under-represented in sport, in particular people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and women.
The Finance Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing all the financial reporting of the Associations operations and is required to undertake the roles and responsibilities listed below.
Produce monthly management accounts including Income and Expenditure reports and other reports as required
• Process monthly payroll including all HMRC and workplace pension submissions, payroll year end, general payroll queries and related issues.
• Ensure all current legislation and practices in relation to payroll and pension schemes are adhered to
• Manage all Sales Ledger transactions – ensure sales invoices are raised accurately and in a timely manner, record payments received, credit control, investigate and resolve any queries
• Manage all Purchase Ledger transactions – ensure all transactions are coded and authorised correctly and in accordance with current procedures, process BACS and international payments as required, investigate and resolve any queries
• Proactively lead with the preparation of the annual budget, supporting the CEO and budget holders in the preparation of their budgets. Report on actual results against budget
• Produce year end accounts for the external accountants to use as a basis for their statutory accounts. Liaise with the external British Ice Skating Finance Manager Job Description January 2019 accountants throughout the year-end / audit process
• Quarterly VAT (using partial exemptions rules)
• Control of bank accounts including monthly reconciliations
• Distribute any prize money received in a timely manner. Return necessary forms to the Organising Committee to confirm the distribution
• Responsible for bi-annual stock take of Skate UK merchandise, investigate any variances and take corrective action as necessary
• Maintain robust and adequate financial internal control system and cash management
• Comply with and review policies and procedures set out in the Finance Manual. In conjunction with the CEO implement financial structures as required within the association
• Represent the finance function at Audit Committee meetings, producing and providing reports required at the meetings, including Cash Flow Forecasts
• Assist with financial aspects of grant applications and ensure accurate processing and reporting of grant income
• Assist with the transition from an operational board of portfolio directors to a strategic board of directors
• Assist the CEO and Board of Directors with the development of the Association’s Strategic Plan and provide financial information as necessary
• Liaise with and report to external bodies (e.g. ISU, UK Sport, Sport England and British Olympic Association) to ensure a sound and successful working relationship
• Oversee financial aspects of British Ice Skating’s associated companies including Skate Scotland and British Ice Skating Charitable Trust
• Deal with foreign currency on an ad hoc basis
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably required